Our office performs many routine lab tests on site. Cardiac medications can effect ELECTROLYTE (sodium, potassium, calcium etc) levels, and can also effect liver function and can cause anemia. Labs are also performed in house to rule out heart attack, assess for clotting and evaluate heart failure. Labs are critical in the short and long-term care of cardiac patients.
- Special preparation – nothing to eat six hours prior to testing for cholesterol
- INR monitoring performed in house – with immediate result
- Electrolyte monitoring – long-term graph of results available in patient portal
- Advanced send out labs also available to see in patient portal
- In house testing also includes: cardiac enzymes, thyroid function testing, blood glucose check, liver function testing and heart failure (BNP) labs.
- Lab services also available to SHG Wellness patients.